Job Summary: This position is responsible for the design and engineering of steel frame adventure courses, climbing towers and other adventure course products. Applicant must be very familiar with steel, concrete and wood structural design; as well as applicable code books ASCE – Minimum Design loads for Buildings and Other Structures, AISC Steel Construction Manual, and the International Building Code. Under the direction of the lead engineer, the responsibilities will include creation of analytical models, structural design of adventure course structures, connection design, foundation design, and cable systems design.
- Self-motivated and innovative with good attendance record
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical Structural models
- Calculation Reports (member sizing, connection design, weld sizing etc.)
- Permit Drawings
- Installation instructions
- Creation of shop drawings
- Part prints: dimensions, member size/type, material, category etc.
- Weldment prints: with proper weld and dimension call outs
- 3D models
- Ability to take direction from Immediate Supervisor
- Work independently and be a self-motivator and able to work within timelines
- All other duties as assigned on a daily basis
- BS degree in civil or mechanical engineering with a structural emphasis
- FE exam completed and desire to obtain PE when eligible
- One to two years experience
- Knowledge of Structural Analysis software (Robot, STAAD, SAP or similar), Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD (3D solid modeling and 2D drafting)
- Welding practices and procedures knowledge
- General construction knowledge
- MS Office applications knowledge
- Familiar with Mathcad or similar software
- Database, spreadsheet and Visual Basic programming a plus
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE! Local candidate preferred as no relocation expenses will be offered for this position. Structural experience required.
Job Type: Full-time
- System Design: 1 year (Required)
- Mathcad: 1 year (Required)
- Structural Design: 1 year (Required)
- Autodesk Inventor: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 5 years (Preferred)
Qualified applicants should apply here.