We here at RCI want to help you however we can to ensure a healthy and safe experience for your operators and your customers during this unprecedented time. As the number of reported cases for the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to rise across the world, we wanted to provide our RCI family with an update on the following health and safety precautions we should all practice more diligently.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the following precautions are helpful to avoid person to person spreading of the coronavirus:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid handshakes and any other unnecessary physical contact with people.
- Avoid contact with those who may be sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds at a time.
- When sneezing, coughing or blowing your nose, use a tissue or be sure to sneeze into the crook of your arm/elbow area instead of your hands.
We recommend you practice the following additional health and safety precautionary measures while operating RCI products:
- Operators should use hand sanitizer in between harnessing participants and making contact with participants during activities. Take heed to not touch harnesses until your hands are completely dry as to not damage the harness material.
- Create a schedule to clean harnesses using the proper cleaning instructions below in between operational periods.
- Disinfect other safety equipment such as carabiners, RSAs, etc. using disinfectant spray or wipes.
- Take extra care to clean all high touch point areas and steel surfaces on the RCI attractions such as handrails and columns using disinfectant spray or wipes.
To clean harnesses, slinglines or ropes:
- Fill a clean tub with warm water.
- Add one of the following:
- Vinegar: 1/4 cup vinegar with 1 gallon of water (1:1000 ratio)
- Mild detergent (such as Simple Green or Dawn dish soap): 1/2 oz. detergent to 5 gallons of water (1:1200 ratio)
- Immerse the harness, slingline or rescue rope in the cleaning solution and scrub the soiled areas with a soft cloth or another piece of textile material.
- Do NOT use scrubbing tools such as wire brushes as this can damage the equipment.
- Do NOT soak the equipment longer than ten minutes.
- Do NOT use any harsh chemicals such as bleach or ammonia.
- Rinse the equipment thoroughly with fresh water.
- Hang the equipment up to dry out of direct sunlight.
- Allow equipment to dry completely before storing.
- Do NOT force dry or put a harness, slingline or rope in a drying machine.
Our Training and Inspection Manager is willing to work with you on an individual basis if you choose to postpone your training or inspection appointments.
As we continue to monitor developments and navigate through these challenging circumstances, we will always recommend putting your health and safety first. If you have any questions, please submit a support ticket or call +1 877-203-0557.
Thank you and stay safe!